We’re always on the lookout for tools that can improve your learning experience and we’d appreciate your help experimenting with Vine.
Vine is a short video-sharing app by Twitter that lets you record clips up to 6 seconds in length using your smartphone camera.
We would love to see how creative you are by exploring the possibilities of learning vocabulary through short videos. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Pick a word from the list below.
2) Download and launch Vine on your iPhone or Android smartphone.
3) Bring the word to life by recording yourself (or a friend) in one of these ways: pronounce, demonstrate, describe, illustrate, teach, explain, dance, act, tell, spell out, unravel, sing, play or simply put into plain english. Be creative, what else could you do?
4) Add the following tags when posting it to Vine (so we can find them): #Memrise #YourWord (replace #YourWord with the word you picked)
5) Repeat for as many words as you can! At least 5 would be ideal!
6) Leave a comment below to let us know how you found the experience.
We’d just like to stick with English words and your interpretations of them for now. No need to translate into another language.
We’ll share the best Vines here next week!
The 50 English words to choose from:
Cantankerous, klutz, flummox, afraid, disgusted, up, down, isolated, jolly, lazy, safe, sad, rushed, because, there, what, will, large, important, public, sandal, hood, zip, blink, snore, aircraft, lane, reverse, microphone, chart, beat, chemical, evolution, traditional, popular, cultural, oxygen, whisky, fat, great, berry, talent, award, crawl, jump, copper, stone, dactylion, mytacism, xanthic.