AND 50% off a one-year annual subscription? Yes, please!
If you like how fast you can learn a new language on our app, you’re going to love this! From now until the 28th of October, you’ll have a chance to win personalised coaching sessions with one of our language experts – the same brilliant minds who brought you the fun learning videos in our app.
Here’s how it works: 100 lucky winners will have their subscription upgraded to Lifetime for free, and 10 of those already-lucky people will also win 2 hours’ worth* of personalised language coaching sessions with one of our experts through the magic of online video calls! These sessions will be personalised to you, helping you along your learning journey with Memrise. Test-run your holiday phrases, ask for the best idioms to use when making new friends, or get tips on how to improve your pronunciation… it’ll be like having a personal trainer at the gym (or a cheat code in a video game 😬).
(OK OK, take me to the app so I can subscribe already!)
Two easy ways to enter for subscribers and new-comers
If you’re a subscriber, you’re already half-way there! Log-in to Memrise and go learn something new. Every active subscriber will be automatically entered into the competition.
Not a subscriber yet? From now until 28 OCT, you’ll get a whopping 50% off a one-year annual subscription. Purchase any subscription at this time and you will also be entered into the prize draw, so now’s the perfect time to get one!
Enough reading already, let’s get to it. Good luck!
*Winners will be able to divide their sessions the best way for them – 4 half-hour sessions, 3 45-minute sessions, or 2 one-hour sessions.
Those boring T&Cs:
1. The prize draw is open to all people aged 18 years or over, except employees of Memrise, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw.
2. Only one entry per person is permitted.
3. The opening date for entries is 00:00:00 on 09/10/2019. The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59:59 on 28/10/2019 (the “Entry Period”). Entries received after this time will not be considered.
4. To enter the prize draw you must, during the Entry Period:
4.1. Purchase a new subscription to Memrise; or
4.2. Already be a Memrise subscriber; and
4.3. Complete a learning session with an official Memrise course; and
4.4. Have an active subscription on the Draw Date (as such term is defined below).
5. Memrise accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
6. 100 winners (each a “Winner”, together the “Winners”) will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on or before 08/11/2019 (the “Draw Date”).
7. Memrise will upgrade every Winner’s subscription automatically to a Lifetime subscription.
8. Memrise will not refund the original purchase and each Winner will be responsible for cancelling any recurring payments themselves through their Memrise settings or via the relevant app store, as appropriate.
9. 10 of the Winners (the “Lucky Ten”) will also receive either 4 x 30 minute or 3 x 40 minute 1:1 learning sessions with the relevant Memrise in-house linguist for the official Memrise course they are learning on the Draw Date.
10. The 1:1 sessions will be held via video call at times mutually agreed between 9am and 6pm GMT Monday to Friday and must all take place before 31 December 2019.
11. The Winners will be notified by email (using the details provided to register with Memrise) on or before 15/11/2019.
12. If you are one of the Lucky Ten, you will need to respond by email to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified to confirm your acceptance of the prize. If you do not respond within 7 days, then you will forfeit the learning sessions and the Promoter will be entitled to select a replacement from the remaining Winners in accordance with the process described above.
13. The prizes for the Winners are non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
14. Memrise’s decision regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and Memrise will not enter into any correspondence about it.
15. Memrise must either publish or make available information that indicates that valid awards took place. To comply with this obligation Memrise will send the username and country of prize winners to anyone who writes to Memrise Marketing Department, 3-5 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within one month from the end of the Entry Period. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact Memrise. In such circumstances, Memrise must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Memrise reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
17. Memrise reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
18. Insofar as is permitted by law, Memrise, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
20. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. The Promoter of this prize draw is Memrise Limited of 3-5 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX.