We may all be on lockdown at home, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have some fun! Send us a Social ‘Postcard’ (photo or video) from your #Staycation2020. Post them on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or TikTok. Use #Staycation2020 and tag us (@memriseapp on TikTok, @memrise everywhere else) so we can see you!
How have you recreated your travel adventures? What ingenious things can you use around your home to create the illusion of far-flung destinations or the journey to get there?
We can’t wait to see what you create! 6 winners chosen by random will each receive £500 to spend on an actual vacation when we can move around again!
#Staycation2020 – Prize Draw T&Cs
1. The prize draw is open to all everyone, except employees of Memrise, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with the administration of the prize draw.
2. The opening date for entries is 00:00:00 GMT on 11/04/2020. The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59:59 GMT on 11/05/2020 (the “Entry Period”). Entries uploaded after this time will not be considered.
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. To enter the prize draw:
a) Create a video or photo of your staycation as described above (the “Entry”); and
b) Upload the Entry to Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and/or TikTok (each a Platform, together the Platforms) with the hashtag “Staycation2020” and tag Memrise in the post.
5. Memrise accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
6. Six (6) winners (each a “Winner”, together the “Winners”) will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on or before 18/05/2020 (the “Draw Date”).
7. Each Winner will receive £500 (the “Prize”).
8. Each Winner will receive £500 (the “Prize”). Memrise will contact the Winners through the relevant Platform used to upload the Entry as soon as practicable after the Draw Date to arrange delivery of the Prize.
9. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to claim your Prize. Memrise may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
10. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the Prize. Memrise may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
11. Memrise reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw.
12. Once you have provided Memrise with your bank details please allow ten (10) business days for delivery of the Prize.
13. The Prize is non-exchangeable and non-transferable.
14. Memrise will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Winners. If a Winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their Prize within 7 days of the Draw Date, Memrise reserves the right to offer the Prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received during the Entry Period.
15. Memrise does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the Prize.
16. You agree that Memrise may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant Memrise a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the Entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
17. Memrise’s decision regarding any aspect of the Prize draw is final and binding and Memrise will not enter into any correspondence about it.
18. Memrise must either publish or make available information that indicates that valid awards took place. To comply with this obligation Memrise will publish the winning entries on the Draw Date on the Memrise blog.
19. If you object to your winning Entry being published or made available, please contact Memrise. In such circumstances, Memrise must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
20. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. Memrise reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
21. Memrise reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
22. Insofar as is permitted by law, Memrise, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
24. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
25. In the event of any conflict between the English language version of these terms and any translation, the English language version shall prevail.
26. The Promoter of this prize draw is Memrise Limited of 3-5 Fashion Street, London, E1 6PX.